Assuming You Did The Research
Take what you have learned from your visitors most pressing questions, deepest fears and biggest frustrations, and think of how you could help them.
Your Checklist Shouldn’t Take A Long Time To Read
– Your audience want answers now.
– They don’t want to work too hard.
– It’s your job to do the hard work for them.
Solve people’s problems and they will trust you. They will keep coming back to your content. They will love you for solving their problems. They will even be willing to buy from you.
So, What Makes A Good Lead Magnet?
– Shorter is better.
– Your lead magnet should be no longer than 5 pages.
– 2 pages or less is better.
– Convert into a PDF when you are done.
– Make it visual. (Add a logo. Photographs help. A graphic that illustrates an idea or a system is even better)
For Example … Some Ideas For Lead Magnets … For Consultants
– 5 Ways to Tell if an SEO Consultant Knows Their Stuff
– 10 Lies Most CPA’s Tell Everyone
– The Ultimate Wedding Checklist
– How To Tell If You’re Ready for a Life Coach
Another Example … Some Ideas For Lead Magnets … For Affiliates
– The Fly Fisherman’s Ultimate Gear List
– The 12 Biggest Forex Lies
– 10 Rules of Dating – And When to Break Them
– The Definitive Guide to Internet Marketing
Also A Good Example … Some Ideas For Lead Magnets … For eCommerce Companies
– 15% off next order.
– Free gift (tell them specifically what the gift is)
– Entry into contest for $500 worth merchandise.
– 101 Amazing, Never Seen Before Paper Craft Ideas.
How To Write A Draft of Your Checklist in 25 Minutes
There’s a productivity technique called the Pomodoro method that works especially well for creative work. Basically, the Pomodoro method is to work in 25 minutes intervals, with 5 minute breaks in between.
While you’re in the middle of a Pomodoro, you do NOTHING but the task at hand.
If you cheat and check you email or do anything off task, start the 25 minute interval over again.
There are a number of Pomodoro apps (like “Simple Pomodoro Time”), timers and other gear, but all you really need is a way to time yourself for 25 minutes.
– Finish your first pomodoro, then take a break. If five minutes isn’t enough, take a 10 minute break.
– Next pomodoro – refine your checklist. After your break. Head right back to your desk and set the clock for another 25 minutes.
– Use this pomodoro to refine your work.
- Simplify your sentences.
- Cut unnecessary words and sentences.
- Make your thoughts clearer.
- Add some research to prove your point.
Finishing Your Lead Magnet
In Pomodoro #1
You’re going to add finishing touches to your lead magnet.
– Read it through.
– Incorporate new ideas.
– Check for typos.
– Add subtitles where appropriate.
– Trim paragraphs to 5 lines or less.
– Use bullet points where you can.
In Pomodoro #2
Make it pretty
– Use a type size that’s easy to read.
– Make the margins wide enough for people to add notes.
– Add images to illustrate your ideas.
Best Places For Free Stock Photos
In the The Footer Area Include
Your website, name and email address.
A prompt to join email list.
Copyright information. (©2016 Your Company Name)
The money is in the list. Having good email marketing software to support your email marketing campaigns is very important. I personally use GetResponse email marketing software. If you have not been introduced I suggest you have a look.